Kylie on Great communication increases…
- Gun deaths, injuries in California spike following Nevada gun showsWhen gun shows are held in Nevada, gun-related deaths and injuries spike across the state line in California for at least the next two weeks. A new study examined gun deaths and injuries in California before and after gun shows in California and Nevada, and their results show a nearly 70 percent increase in deaths and injuries from firearms in California com […]
- Brain patterns underlying mothers' responses to infant criesInfant cries activate specific brain regions related to movement and speech, according to a study of mothers in 11 countries. The findings identify behaviors and underlying brain activities that are consistent among mothers from different cultures.
- To grasp water scarcity, researchers probe links between human and natural systemsUnderstanding the fine-level interactions between nature and people is essential in determining whether a region will suffer water scarcity in the future.
- Running on autopilot: Scientists find important new role for 'daydreaming' networkA brain network previously associated with daydreaming has been found to play an important role in allowing us to perform tasks on autopilot. Scientists showed that far from being just 'background activity', the so-called 'default mode network' may be essential to helping us perform routine tasks.
- Gun deaths, injuries in California spike following Nevada gun shows
Monthly Archives: July 2013